I found a transcript of Mrs. Santangelo's first court appearence. It's pretty funny, actually; the judge has a lot of spunk and the RIAA lawyer seems a little dumb. Take a peek if you are interested.
http://riaalawsuits.us/elektra_santangelo/transcript050506.txt
http://riaalawsuits.us/elektra_santangelo/transcript050506.txt

1 Comments:
That's excellent! I have a feeling the RIAA lawyer may be a fresh law school graduate -- they often take that meek tone with judges, who generally don't like it too much. Now that Mrs. Santangelo has a lawyer, I think they may be able to make a real case out of this RIAA form letter: apparently they never filed a verified complaint against her, which means they were hoping that their "scare tactic" letter would be enough for her to pay to settle the case. If this eventually goes to trial, that will not make the plaintiff look good in court. It will be interesting to follow this case as it goes along.
By
emily, at 3:30 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home